Logic and Compassion, Facts and Nurturing, Fun and Exploring - check here

We continue the sometimes joyful and sometimes painful path to try to be better human beings - this is only possible because we can rise above logic, that we find the wonder and hope, the language and words to inspire us and keep us going. Thanks for visiting.

Friday, September 10, 2010

RSA Animate - 21st century enlightenment

The question posed in this video, for me, is Empathy as important as Education in our quest for harnessing human potential?

Last night I heard Thomas Goetz at TEDxBayArea, he's the executive editor at Wired Magazine and author of "Decision Tree"

ok, ok, we are in the middle of a recession, so someone asked Thomas how he could be so optimistic (about healthcare in the US)

His answer basically was "what's the alternative?" if we stop caring, its only going to get worse, and this is too important a topic (health) to let that happen to

I was struck by the authentic honesty of his answer.

I am optimistic because I care. I care because I must.

So tonight, in late night trawling thru YouTube, I find RSA's animation of Matthew Taylor talking about 21st century Enlightenment, and I am enlightened and made more optimistic, so I'm sharing it with you.


For the more philosophical readers of this blog.... you will also enjoy the visualization techniques by theRSAorg



MIT OpenCourseWare: I'm invested

No comments: